Nelnet Payment Plan
UNC Asheville offers monthly payment plan options through Nelnet (formerly known as Tuition Management Systems or TMS) for both the fall and spring semesters. Due to the short duration, only one payment plan is available for the summer.
The 2020 summer payment plan with Nelnet is officially May 1, June 1, and July 1; however, students can begin the plan by the summer billing due date of June 5th.
Recently our payment plan provider, Tuition Management Systems (TMS), was acquired by Nelnet Campus Commerce. They are one of the largest payment plan providers with partnerships with 1,300 campuses across the country.
Any student may take advantage of a monthly payment plan. You may contact Nelnet/TMS at www.afford.com/unca or by calling 1.800.722.4867 to set up a payment plan. Students can enroll in the payment plan for the fall semester as early as July 1. Students can enroll in the payment plan for the spring semester beginning November 20.
Important Facts Regarding Payment Plans
- Students will still receive bills from the Student Accounts Office even if they have a payment plan. These bills are for the student to review their UNC Asheville student account activity and verify that the payment plan budget is sufficient to satisfy their balance due.
- The payment plan is offered as a service to students. The University reserves all rights regarding this service.
- Payments made through Nelnet/TMS are directly applied to the students’ UNC Asheville student account in real time.
- Adjustments made to the student’s UNC Asheville account will not automatically update their payment plan. If a student receives additional scholarships or charges, it is the student's responsibility to adjust their budget on the payment plan.
- If a student’s payment plan becomes delinquent or if it is not sufficient to satisfy their student account balance, a hold may be placed on their account preventing them from pre-registering for an upcoming semester or receiving their transcripts. The University has the right to cancel the student's current plan and to prevent the student from participating in the plan in the future.
Setup a Monthly Payment Plan Contact