Nelnet Payment Plan
UNC Asheville offers a monthly payment plan option through Nelnet. Each semester a new payment plan must be created by the student. Students can access the payment plan using this link or by looking for the Monthly Payment Plan link under the Financial Aid & Payments menu in OnePort. You may also contact Nelnet by calling 1.800.609.8056 to set up a payment plan.
The payment plan does not have interest charges or late fees, however, there is an enrollment fee of $47.00 to set up the plan.
If someone other than the student needs to set up the payment plan, the student will need to add them as an Authorized Party in the payment plan first.
Spring 2022 Payment Plan Options
Last Day to Enroll
Months of Payment
3 (25% down payment)
3 (25% down payment)
Months of Payments
December 1 – April 1
December 15 – April 15
January 1 – April 1
January 15 – April 15
February 1 – April 1
February 15 – April 15
Important Facts Regarding Payment Plans
- Students will still receive bills from the Student Accounts Office even if they have a payment plan. These bills are for the student to review their UNC Asheville student account activity and verify that the payment plan budget is sufficient to satisfy their balance due.
- The payment plan is offered as a service to students. The University reserves all rights regarding this service.
- Payments made through Nelnet are directly applied to the students’ UNC Asheville student account in real time.
- Adjustments made to the student’s UNC Asheville account will not automatically update their payment plan. If a student receives additional scholarships or charges, it is the student’s responsibility to adjust their budget on the payment plan.
- If a student’s payment plan becomes delinquent or if it is not sufficient to satisfy their student account balance, a hold may be placed on their account preventing them from pre-registering for an upcoming semester or receiving their transcripts. The University has the right to cancel the student’s current plan and to prevent the student from participating in the plan in the future.